The term “agroforestry system” or “food forestry” refers to polyculture practices that include trees. The term “agroforestry system” or “food forestry” refers to polyculture practices that include trees. a system in which the components complement each other to form a resilient and adaptable system to diverse and unpredictably changing conditions
Trees are an important part of every farm. There are distinct benefits to using them.
- Trees lower the temperature of the environment
- Trees produce shade to reduce soil temperature
- Trees produce biomass
- Trees provide shelter for beneficial life
- Trees can provide timber products and fruits/nuts.
- Trees prevent erosion
- Trees can be used for bio-drainage
- Trees reduce the wind speed
- Trees host microorganisms on their roots
Planting and managing them in a correct way will be beneficial to any farm.
(Visited 114 times, 1 visits today)